Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cantrips

Because Ante Commander does not have tutors, cantrips become that more important.  Ponderm Preordain and Portent will be just as powerful as they are in Vintage.  I am unsure if Brainstorm will make the cut with no shuffle effects, but I will playtest with it.  Being 99 card decks, seeing these cantrips may be an issue.  So to help, I made my own:


I had to name it like Ponder/Brainstorm where it just sounds good when you cast it.  "I'm going to Think About It for a sec..."  Note that it is an Ante card.  The Ante type replaces the "Remove CARDNAME from your deck before playing if you're not playing for ante." text as it just clutters the card.  I am still debating if Ante should be a card type (like Tribal) or a subtype (like World).  I am leaning towards card type, even though I don't like Tribal being a card type, but I would like to hear other peoples thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment